Well folks that’s a wrap for another year on the old blog!
Lots of folks to thank this year!
- My team of editors, editorial board members and reviewers at BRIA (not to mention Jake and Nate at the AAA)!
- The great set of folks who assisted with my seven week tour of New Zealand and Australia (Mike and Hedy at Massey, Wai Fong and Shana at Sydney, David at Queensland, Kerry, Wei, Ken and Mandy at UNSW!)
- My co-authors this year Yi and Nate at Queen’s, Kris at Alabama, Kerry at UNSW, and Theresa at Central Florida!
- My Dean ( now former Dean) at Smith for his sixteen years of support!
- All my current and former doctoral (and thesis based masters) students! We are now at 15 strong and likely will see a couple of more!
Looking forward to next year, there is still much to do. There will be announcements that will surprise folks, there will be a continued advance on the diversity in research front as our academic discipline continues to grow up (after all we are now close to 50 years old depending on whether you count from B&B, Hopwood or Ashton or Libby (1968, 1972, 1974 or 1975)). . . .
As usual MORE by Steve will continue to call them as he sees them and report on our discipline as it finally enters adulthood! While readers might not always agree with Steve, you know I am giving you my unfiltered fact based reactions to the strange academic world we call home!